To have an uncluttered view of your incidents, you can set up a filter in the Incident monitoring task.
What you should know
To set up an incident filter:
In the Incident monitoring task toolbar, click
The dialog box for filter setup appears.
Configure the filtering criteria you want to use and click
- Filter the incident by users or user groups.
- Show all incidents that you have permission to view because you are the owner, the recipient, or the supervisor.
- Owned by me
- Only show incidents that you have ownership of.
- Dispatched to me
- (Only if you are a supervisor) Only show incidents that you are a direct recipient of. You are the recipient of an incident either because your profile is configured as a recipient, or because someone has forwarded or transferred the incident to you.
- Supervised by me
- (Only if you are a supervisor) Only show incidents that you are the supervisor of.
- Dispatched to
- Only show incidents that have been dispatched to a specific list of users or user groups. This option is only available to users who have the privilege to supervise the work of other users.
- Only show incidents that match one of the selected incident types and categories.
- Only show incidents that match one of the selected incident states.
- Only show incidents that match one of the selected locations (areas).
- Only show incidents that match one of the selected incident priorities.
- Trigger time
- Only show incidents that were triggered within the selected time range.
In the toolbar area, the number of configured filters is indicated beside the icon. The message X/Y active incidents is displayed, indicating that there are X incidents matching the filters you set, out of a total of Y active incidents.
To save your filter to a filter template:
Click Filter (),
and then click .
The Filter templates dialog box appears.
Do one of the following:
- Click the name of an existing template to replace it.
- Enter a name to create a new template.
- Select Public if you want all users to be able to use your template (default = Private).
- Click Save.
To load a predefined filter from a template:
- Click , and then click a template name.
To remove the current filter:
- Click Filter (), and then click Clear.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.