To communicate with SNMP devices, they must be added to Security Center.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select SNMP Manager from the entity browser, and click on the Entities page.
- In the Entities section, click Add SNMP agent.
- In the Add SNMP agent dialog box, select the device template that corresponds to the SNMP device from the Device type list.
Enter the following information:
- The IP address of the SNMP device.
- UDP Port
- The port used by the SNMP device to communicate with Security Center.
- The SNMP version of the SNMP device.
(Optional) If you are using SNMPv2c, enter the following:
- The read-only string for the community to which this device belongs. This string is an alphanumeric name that is used for authentication.
(Optional) If you are using SNMPv3, enter the following:
- User name
- The user name assigned to the SNMP user.
- Authentication protocol
- Select the type of authentication used for authorization.
- Click Add and close.
- (Optional) To view the progress of the devices you are enrolling, click Device enrollment status.
In the Advanced settings section, enter the
- UDP port range
- The range of outgoing ports used to poll SNMP devices. A wider range of ports allows Security Center to poll a greater number of devices at the same time.
- Polling interval
- The frequency that you would like Security Center to poll the SNMP device. This is set to 60 seconds by default.
- Click Apply.
The devices are listed in the Entities section of the Device templates page for the plugin.