To receive events and alarms in Security Center when the value of an SNMP device property changes, you must create rules.
Create custom events and alarms in Config Tool. For information about creating custom events, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select SNMP Manager from the entity browser, and click the Rules page.
- In the Data section, click the Add button ().
In the Create a rule dialog box, enter the following
- Type a name for the rule.
- Type a description for the rule.
- Select a specific SNMP device to monitor, or select All to monitor all SNMP Manager devices of the given type.
- Select which SNMP property to monitor. When you select a property, its data type is displayed.
- The .NET framework type of the property used by the SNMP Manager plugin.
- Select what the property value must be in relation to the Value option (equal to, not equal to, lesser than, greater than, and so on) to trigger the event.
- Type a value that the Operator is tested against.
- Select which custom Security Center event or alarm to trigger.
- Click Save.
The rules are listed in the Data section of the Rules page for the plugin.