To integrate SNMP devices into Security Center, you must install the SNMP Manager plugin on a Security Center server and on all client workstations.
What you should know
- Although it is possible to host the plugin role on any server, it is a best practice to host that role on a dedicated expansion server for best system performance.
- For your operators to have access to the features added by this plugin, you must install this plugin on all Security Center client workstations.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Security Center.
- Search for your package by name and download it.
Click the downloaded .exe file to unzip it.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- Close Security Desk and Config Tool.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
On the Setup Type page, choose
The typical option installs the SNMP Manager plugin and RabbitMQ.
If prompted, on the RabbitMQ Configuration page, enter a
user name and password, and choose an SSL port for RabbitMQ. The default port is
NOTE: The RabbitMQ Configuration page is not displayed if any of the following Genetec Inc. software are already installed on the computer: Sipelia™, Genetec Mission Control™, Restricted Security Area Surveillance, Modbus.
On the Installation Wizard Completed
page, click Finish.
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the installation.
Create the SNMP Manager plugin role.