To trigger alarms and events in Security Center for incoming SNMP traps, you must create rules.
Enroll the devices that you want to monitor.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select SNMP Manager from the entity browser, and click the Rules page.
- In the Data section, click .
In the Create a rule dialog box, enter the following
- Type a name for the rule.
- Type a description for the rule.
- Select a specific SNMP device to monitor, or select All to monitor all SNMP Manager devices of the given type.
- The SNMP trap that was created on the Device templates page of the plugin.
- The type of property information to obtain from the SNMP device.
- The .NET framework type of the property used by the SNMP Manager plugin.
- Select what the property value must be in relation to the Value option (equal to, not equal to, lesser than, greater than, and so on) to trigger the event.
- Type a value that the Operator is tested against.
- Select which custom Security Center event or alarm to trigger.
- Click Save.
The rules are listed in the Events section of the Rules page for the plugin.