[KBA-01186] Health statistics report shows 0.0% or N/A
This article explains how to resolve issues with the Health statistics report in Security Center.
The Health statistics report might sometimes show 0.0% or N/A for entities and roles.
- Open the Network view task and ensure that all your
servers, including any expansion servers, are online.
Offline (red) servers cause the health statistics to show N/A due to a software limitation. If some servers are red and they are not required, delete them.
- Backup the database of the Health Monitor role.
- Stop the Genetec™ Server service on the server or deactivate the Health Monitor role.
- In SQL Management Studio, open Databases, right-click HealthMonitoring, and delete the database.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.x\MonitoringCache and delete the contents of the MonitoringCache.
- Start the Genetec™ Server service or activate the Health Monitor role.
- Open the Health statistics task in Config Tool, and generate a report.
- For 32-bit systems: Security_Center_v_5_x_Full\Full\ISSetupPrerequisites\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5 SP2 (x86)
- For 64-bit systems: Security_Center_v_5_x_Full\Full\ISSetupPrerequisites\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5 SP2 (x64)
You can also download it from Microsoft here.