To view video from a camera on a Barco display (video wall), specific video compression mappings are required for the unit. Compression mappings for many supported cameras are included in the CompressionMappings.xml file by default, but if you are using other units, you must add mappings for those units.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
- Beside Compression mappings file, click Export compression mappings (), and save the CompressionMappings.xml file to a folder.
Open the CompressionMappings.xml file.
You will notice text similar to the following for units that you are currently using:
<CompressionMapping> <BarcoTemplate>bosch-h264-rtp-mgs</BarcoTemplate> <Manufacturer>Bosch</Manufacturer> <Model>AutoDome 700 IP IVA</Model> <StreamType>H264</StreamType> </CompressionMapping>
Use the block of code above as a guide for what to add for your camera.
You must provide the following values for the unit you want to add:
NOTE: In the rare case that all the manufacturers and camera models map to the same BarcoTemplate you can use the following values:
- If you are not sure what to use for the Barco compression template, contact your Barco representative.
- Manufacturer of the unit.
- If you have multiple cameras from the same manufacturer that all map
to the same BarcoTemplate, you can type
<Model>All</Model>. If this is not the
case, you need to provide the model of the unit. The model name can
be found in the Config
tree.NOTE: Model information is not used for federated cameras because that information is not transmitted across the Federation™. If you have many mappings for the same Manufacturer and Video compression type, federated cameras will use the first one found. The compression mapping logic works from the most specific to the most general. If a specific model is available, that will be used first. If it does not match, it will use a loose match, then the <Model>All</Model> entry and so forth.
- Video compression (or stream) type
- Should be Mpeg4 or H264.
- Save the CompressionMappings.xml file.
- In the Properties of the Plugins task, click Import compression mappings ().
Navigate to the modified CompressionMappings.xml file, and
A dialog box appears indicating if the import was successful.
- Click OK.