Setting minimum security clearance in hosted systems using threat levels
To set a minumum security clearance level using threat levels in a hosted deployment of Security Center SaaS edition, you can use a local input to trigger a primitive rule action on your Synergis™ unit.
Create and configure a threat level in Security Center.
Before you begin
A primitive rule is a method used by Synergis™ Softwire to generate an action when a trigger event occurs, even when the Synergis™ unit is offline.
What you should know
- Activate the primitive rules feature by logging on to https://<IP address>/Features/DuiPrimitiveRules/Enabled/Set?value=true, where <IP address> is the IP address of your Synergis™ unit.
- Retrieve the global unique identifier (GUID) of the area on which you want to set the minimum security clearance.
- Retrieve the hardware pointer (address) of the input relay you want to use to trigger the primitive rule.
Configure the primitive rule as follows:
- Go to https://<IP address>/smc/index.html, where <IP address> is the IP address of your Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
In the Primitive rules tab, click the plus button.
- From the drop-down list, select Input state update.
- In the Input text box, type the address of the input you retrieved from Config Tool.
- Select the On input active option.
- From the Actions drop-down list, select Area - Set minimum security clearance.
- In the Area text box, type the GUID of the area you retrieved from Config Tool.
- In the Minimum security clearance text box, type the minimum security clearance you configured for the threat level.
- Click Apply.