To reset the image of the SV-100 12.3 appliance from the recovery partition, copy the software image onto a USB key. To do this, you must download the zipped image from the Genetec™ Technical Assistance portal, and then extract the contents to the USB key.
Before you begin
- Plug a new USB key into a Windows computer that has access to the Internet.
- Open the Command Prompt by clicking .
- At the prompt, type DISKPART, and then press Enter.
- Type list disk, and then press Enter.
- Type select Disk <n>, and then press Enter (<n> being the disk letter that corresponds to your USB key).
- Type clean, and then press Enter.
- Type create partition primary, and then press Enter.
- Type format fs=FAT32 quick, and then press Enter.
- Type assign, and then press Enter.
- Type exit, and then press Enter.
Close the Command Prompt window.
NOTE: If Windows no longer detects the USB key after you have formatted it, eject the USB key and reinsert it.
- Download the appropriate SV appliance image ZIP file (SVxxx_Image_x.x.x.zip). Image files are available for download from the Product Download page on GTAP.
- Extract the ZIP file to the root of the USB key drive.
- Verify that the USB key contains several folders and several files. Ensure that the USB key contains the sv*.swm files in the wim folder, and is directly in the root of the USB key. If the USB does not contain the wim folder, the recovery partition might get destroyed and the appliance will not be able to boot.
- Eject the USB key and remove it from the USB port.