To reset the image of the SV-100 12.3 appliance from a bootable USB, copy the software image onto a USB key. To do this, you must download the zipped image from the Genetec™ Technical Assistance portal, and then extract the contents to the USB key.
Before you begin
- Plug a new USB key into a Windows computer that has access to the Internet.
- Open the Command Prompt by clicking .
- At the prompt, type DISKPART, and then press Enter.
- Type list disk, then press Enter.
- Type select Disk <n>, and then press Enter (<n> being the disk letter that corresponds to your USB key).
- Type clean, then press Enter.
- Type create partition primary, then press Enter.
- Type format fs=FAT32 quick, then press Enter.
- Type assign, then press Enter.
- Type active, then press Enter.
- Type exit, then press Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt window.
- Download the USB recovery ZIP file for your image (SVxxx_USB_Recovery_x.x.x.zip). The USB recovery ZIP file is available for download from the Product Download page on GTAP.
- Extract the ZIP file to the root of the USB key drive.
- Ensure that the USB key contains several folders and several files. Make sure the USB key contains the sv*.swm files in the wim folder, and that the folder is directly in the root of the USB key. If the USB does not contain the wim folder, the recovery partition might get destroyed and the appliance will not be able to boot.
- Eject the USB key and remove it from the USB port.