You can reset the software image using a USB recovery drive.
To reset the image on the SV-100 12.3 appliance, you need the following:
Before you begin
- A USB key containing the software image. See Creating a bootable USB key to reset the SV-100 12.3.
- The correct license for the image version you want to restore or install.
- The System ID and password information that was sent by email when you purchased the appliance.
What you should know
- Performing a factory reset deletes all the data currently on the Windows drive (C:), and on the video partition, depending on the factory reset option chosen. All hard drive partitions are overwritten, including your databases, logs, and optionally, your video files.
- Resetting takes approximately 30 minutes to complete, during which several different scripts will run and the appliance will restart several times.
- Do not close or shut down the appliance during the reset process because this will corrupt the recovery. The process will restart the appliance as required.
- Shut down the appliance.
- Insert the USB key that you created into a USB port.
- Power on the SV appliance and press ESC repeatedly until the Startup Menu screen is displayed.
Select Boot Menu and press Enter or press F9.
Select the USB drive and press Enter.
When the USB boots in recovery mode select one of the following options:
- Do nothing and reboot
- Choose this option to exit the recovery program and restart the appliance.
- Factory reset OS (C:)
- Choose this option to format and reinstall the appliance system drive, and preserve video files on the other video drives. All files on the C: drive will be lost (database, logs, and so on).
- Full Factory reset (ALL DATA)
- Choose this option to format and reinstall the appliance to the factory default settings. All files on the appliance will be deleted.
- Follow the instructions to confirm your selection and wait for the reset process to complete.
In the Genetec™ Product Validator dialog box, enter the unit's Part Number (Product No.) and Genetec™ Serial Number.
These numbers can be found on the Genetec™ sticker located on the top of the unit. If there is no sticker, you can enter any text to continue.The Start button appears.
The Product Validator displays one of the following three status messages:
- The process was validated as successful. Proceed to the next step.
- PASS - No Transmission
- The process was validated as successful; however, an Internet connection was not available at the time. Proceed to the next step.
- The process was validated as unsuccessful. Contact Genetec™ Technical Assistance.
- For a PASS or PASS - No transmission: close the Product Validator window.
- Wait for the background script to close, and then restart the appliance.
To log on to the appliance for the first time after the factory reset, see Logging on to the SV-100 12.3.
After you finish
You must activate the software license.