If the software image on the SV-100 12.3 appliance fails to start or stops working as expected, you can reset the image from the recovery partition on the appliance. To do this, you must put a copy of the software image onto a USB key. The recovery partition uses this image to perform a factory reset on the unit.
Before you begin
- A USB key that is 16 GB or larger. Some USB keys might not be able to boot
the image. If this occurs, try using a different brand or model of
key.NOTE: All existing data on this USB key will be deleted.
- The correct license for the image version you want to restore or install.
- The System ID and password information that was sent by email when you purchased the appliance.
- (Recommended) Connect the SV appliance through
Ethernet to the Internet so that the system can validate connectivity.NOTE: The validation fails if no Internet connection is available, but you can still continue to use the SV appliance.
What you should know
- Create a USB key that contains the software image. See Creating a USB key to reset the SV-100 12.3 from the recovery partition.
- Using the USB key, reset the image on the SV appliance. See Resetting the software image from the recovery partition of the SV-100 12.3.