To participate in voice and video calls, you can connect the required audio and video equipment to the Security Desk workstations onto which Sipelia™ Client is installed, and then configure relevant configuration settings for each Security Center user.
Before you begin
- Configure SIP accounts for your Security Center users.
- Install Sipelia Client on each of the Security Desk workstations that run Sipelia.
- Install the required headsets and webcams. For optimal audio quality, it is recommended to use headsets instead of microphones and speakers.
- Log on to Security Center with Security Desk.
- Click .
In the Audio and
video section, select the physical audio and video devices that are used for calls.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the devices are properly connected to the Security Desk workstations that run Sipelia™ and that the devices are properly configured in the Windows operating system.NOTE:
- In cases where both sides of the communication use a different codec, communication is still possible as Sipelia Server transcodes the media stream.
- From the Quality drop-down list, you can select the streamed webcam video quality. By default, the quality is set to high, however, you can lower the video quality if your system has network bandwidth restrictions or if there are restrictions from other communication endpoints in the system.
Click to expand the Advanced section, and set the following settings, as required:
- Video codecs
- The video codecs that are supported by Security Desk for video communication. By default, the H.264 and H.263 codecs are turned on, and should suffice for most cases. As a result, it is recommended to keep the default settings, and to be aware that changing video codecs can disrupt the video that is streamed during video calls.
- UDP port range
- The port range for the User Diagram Protocol (UDP). The UDP ports are used by the different SIP clients to send and receive communication data. The default range is from 20000 to 20500. It is recommended to keep the default settings, and to change them only if Sipelia logs any port-related issues about making or receiving calls with Security Desk.
Set the following call-related options, as required:
- Open new calls in
- Select whether you want all incoming calls to automatically open in the conversation window or in a tile within the Monitoring task in Security Desk.
- Use this to enable or disable ringtones for incoming calls.
- Use the Test button to test the current Default
ringtone. Use the Volume slider to set the ringtone volume for
incoming calls.NOTE: The Volume slider changes the volume of the ringtone, it does not affect the volume of the voice call.
- Repeat these steps on each of the Security Desk workstations that run Sipelia™.