To turn Security Desk into a SIP client and use the various features of the Sipelia module, you must install Sipelia™ Client on every Security Desk workstation that is running Sipelia.
Before you begin
- Sipelia™ Server is installed on your Security Center system.
- Security Center Client is installed on the computer on which you want to install Sipelia™ Client.
- On computers that provide multiple network interfaces (cards), the network interface to be used by Sipelia™ Client must be selected in the Security Desk options.
What you should know
Although not mandatory, it is recommended that you install Sipelia™ Client after installing and deploying Sipelia™ Server. If Sipelia™ Client is installed before Sipelia™ Server, the user interface will not be enabled.
- Download the product from GTAP (https://gtap.genetec.com). You need a username and password to log on to GTAP.
Double-click on setup.exe to run the product's
The product's InstallShield Wizard dialog box opens.
Select the installation language, and then click
This language selection does not limit the language availability of the installed software. The Sipelia™ user interface appears in the language that is selected for Security Center.
- Click Next.
- Read the license agreement, accept the terms, and then click Next.
- Select a folder location to install the product, and then click Next.
- In the Custom Setup dialog box, expand the Client node.
- If your system uses the legacy Plan Manager 10.3 plugin, select Plan Manager Intercom Object if you want to add SIP intercoms to the map. Do not select this option if your system uses the new Plan Manager that is integrated into Security Center.
The installation might take a few minutes.
- When completed, click Finish.
- Restart the Security Center applications (Security Desk and Config Tool).