[KBA-00827] Archiver does not trigger "Unit lost" events on Panasonic units in Omnicast™
This article explains why the Archiver does not trigger a Unit lost event when a Panasonic unit reconnects to the network.
After a Panasonic unit disconnects from the network and then reconnects, a Unit lost events is not triggered by the Archiver.
A Windows Registry value called PanasonicErrorPassThru makes the Archiver ignore Unit lost events when configured to any value greater than zero.
Verify and configure the Windows Registry PanasonicErrorPassThru value:
1. Open the Windows Registry Editor on the server hosting Panasonic cameras.
2. Navigate to:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Genetec\OmnicastArchiver4.x\Extensions (32-bit OS)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Genetec\OmnicastArchiver4.x\Extensions (64-bit OS)
3. Search for the key that represents the Panasonic extension. Its Extension Name value will have Panasoniclisted in the Data column (see the following image).
4. After you have located the Panasonic extension key, search for the PanasonicErrorPassThru value (see the following image).
5. If its value data is higher than 0, double-click the value and enter 0.
c. Click OK.
6. Restart the Archiver service.