[KBA-01381] SV-32 premature OS disk failure
This article describes an issue where the mSATA OS disk drive on an SV-32 fails prematurely due to excessive wear, rendering the appliance unusable.
On an SV-32 appliance, the mSATA OS disk fails prematurely due to excessive wear.
Security Desk video caching continually writes to the mSATA disk while live video is being viewed. This causes the disk drive to quickly wear out reduces its expected lifespan.
Disable video caching in Security Desk.
To disable video caching:
- Open Security Desk and log on to Security Center.
- On the home page, select Options.
- In the Options window, select Video.
- Expand the Video cache menu and set Live video caching to OFF.
- Click Save.
- Close Security Desk and reopen it.
This issue will be resolve in the next SV-32 image.