If you cannot connect to a SharpV camera on your network, you can try connecting to the camera by using the camera's fallback IP address.
What you should know
- You may need to connect to the camera using the fallback IP address if, for example, the DHCP server is not available.
- If the camera is powered up and is not connected to the network for a few minutes, the fallback IP address will be available.
- The fallback IP address is only available if the camera is in DHCP mode.
- If there is more than one Sharp camera on the network, isolate the camera by connecting it directly to a computer with the use of a PoE+ injector.
- Connect to the camera using the fallback IP address (192.168.10.100).
- Reconfigure the camera as required and reconnect to the network.