To store the LPR images that are associated with the reads and hits, you must add the Sharp camera to the Archiver.
Before you begin
- Set up the Archiver role for LPR. For more information, see the Security Center Administrator Guide.
- Log on to the camera's web portal and change the default password. NOTE: You cannot use the default SharpV credentials when adding the camera to the Archiver.
- By default, SharpV cameras are in DHCP mode. To add the context camera to the Archiver, you must configure the camera to use a static IP address that is defined in the web portal.
- If you enroll a Sharp camera running SharpOS 11.3 or earlier under the Archiver, you must configure the AutoVu™ extension to allow basic authentication. In Config Tool, from the Archiver's Extensions tab, select the Genetec™ AutoVu™ extension, and turn off Refuse Basic Authentication.
What you should know
- By default, the Archiver uses the H.264 stream from SharpV cameras. If you want to use the MJPEG stream, you can select it in the Video task from the SharpV camera's screen.
- Information on context cameras is not applicable to SharpV ITS cameras.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
.The Manual add dialog box opens.
- If you have multiple Archiver roles, select one to manage the unit from the Archiver drop-down list.
- From the Manufacturers drop-down list, select AutoVu™.
- From the Product type drop-down list, select All.
Enter the static IPv4 or IPv6 IP address of the camera.
Tip: To add multiple units in a single operation, enter a range () of IP addresses .
Enter the HTTP port for the camera (default = 80).
NOTE: If the camera uses HTTPS, enter the HTTP port (80) here. You will enter the HTTPS port in the following steps.
Select the Authentication method for the camera.
- Default logon
- The camera uses the default logon defined for the Archiver in the
Extensions tab. Using this method, you can define the same
logon credentials for multiple cameras.IMPORTANT: You cannot use the default logon when adding a SharpV camera. You must use the credentials you configured when you first logged on to the SharpV portal.
- Enter the logon credentials for the camera. Turn on Use
HTTPS if you have applied a certificate.NOTE: Sharp cameras running SharpOS 12.7 or later must use HTTPS communication.
- From the Location drop-down, assign the camera to an area entity.
The notification tray displays the message "Adding unit started". If successful, it displays the message "Unit added successfully".
The camera is added under the selected Archiver.