For installations that include multiple SharpV cameras, the Syslog feature allows you to configure a central repository for all SharpV log entries.
Before you begin
- You will need a Syslog server that is accessible by the SharpV camera.
What you should know
- The SharpV syslog feature is compliant with the RFC 5424 protocol.
- Whether you use the Syslog feature or not, SharpV logs will be available on SharpV Portal's Diagnostics > Logs page.
- Log on to the SharpV Portal.
- From the Configuration menu, select the page.
- Select the Use Syslog server checkbox.
- In the Server field, enter the address of the server.
- In the Port field, enter the port.
- From the Network Protocol drop-down, select UDP or TCP.
- Click Test connection to test the connection.
- Click Save.