The Date and time page is available from the Configuration > General settings menu. Use the Date and time page to configure how you want to configure the internal clock of the SharpV.
- Select one of the following settings.
- No synchronization
- The SharpV uses its own clock.
- NTP server
- Enter the URL of a known time server (for example, time.windows.com). The SharpV clock synchronizes with this server on startup and then every hour. You can test the connection at any time by clicking Test connection.
- Active extension
- Click to synchronize the SharpV clock with the clock on
it is connected to. The SharpV clock synchronizes with
clock upon connection, then every 24 hours.IMPORTANT: Selecting this option has no effect if you are using any of the other extension types (FTP, HTTP, and so on). It can only be used when the active extension type is configured as Security Center (legacy). The active extension is configured on the page.
- LPM protocol
- Future use.
- Synchronize with client browser now
- Click to synchronize the date and time with the client machine you are using to connect to the SharpV Portal. The camera performs a one-time synchronization.IMPORTANT: Do not synchronize the SharpV clock with the client browser unless you are connecting to the SharpV Portal from the server hosting the LPR Manager role. If you synchronize clocks with a computer other than the Security Center server, the camera's reads and hits might not have accurate timestamps.
- Date and time format
- Select one of the following date and time formats.
- Selecting the International option displays the date and time in the format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
- Selecting the Imperial option displays the date and time in the format: DD/MM/YYYY H:MM:SS AM/PM