The License Plate Management (LPM) protocol provides a Sharp camera with a secure and reliable connection to Security Center. When The LPM protocol is enabled on a Sharp camera, the protocol manages the camera’s connection to the LPR Manager role.
Before you begin
- Minimum SharpOS version: 12.7NOTE: If your camera was shipped with SharpOS 12.7 or later, the LPM protocol is enabled by default.
- Minimum Security Center version: 5.8
What you should know
- After you upgrade your SharpV to 12.7 or later, you can still connect to Security Center using the Active extension: Security Center (Legacy) until you upgrade to the LPM protocol.
- If the LPM protocol is enabled on the camera, Security Center can only connect to the camera using the LPM protocol.
- If a camera uses the LPM protocol to connect to Security Center, the Active extension in the Sharp Portal is set to Security Center (LPM protocol).
- You cannot revert the LPM protocol upgrade.
- From the Config Tool home page, click the LPR task and select Roles and units.
- Select the LPR Manager role from the drop-down list.
- Expand the list of cameras under the LPR Manager and select the SharpV camera.
At the bottom of the screen, click Unit and select
Upgrade to LPM protocol
The Upgrade to LPM Protocol window opens.
- Enter the HTTPS Port of the unit (default = 443).
- Click Next.
- Enter the Username and Password used to log onto the Sharp Portal and click Next.
- Review the settings and click Upgrade.