Configuring PINs with leading zeros for Mercury integrations
To use PINs with leading zeros for Mercury integrations in Synergis™ Softwire, some additional configuration is required.
To use PIN credentials with Mercury integrations, the following is required:
Before you begin
- Cardholders must have a card credential and only one PIN credential.
- If the unit-wide reader setting is Card or PIN but the cardholder only has a PIN credential, that credential is not synchronized to the Mercury controller and does not work. As a workaround, create and assign the cardholder a dummy card credential.
- HID keypad readers must support the mode-00 option.
- If you want to use a 6-digit PIN with leading zeros, you must upgrade to Security Center 5.7 SR2 or later. In 5.7 SR1 and earlier, 6-digit PINs with leading zeros do not work. Access is still granted, but you do not receive an Access granted event in Security Center.
By default, the maximum PIN length (PadPinsToLength setting) for your Mercury unit is set to 6. If you are only using PINs with 6 or more digits, you do not need to change the maximum PIN length for your Mercury unit.
What you should know
IMPORTANT: By changing the maximum PIN length, the following occurs:
- PINs with less digits than the value you configure are invalid.
- Only PINs with the number of digits you configure allow leading zeros.
- PINs with more digits work if they do not start with a zero.
Go to https://SCL
SCL IP is the IP address of your Synergis™ Cloud Link, and X is the maximum PIN length you want to configure.
- Log in to the Synergis™ unit.
Select the confirmation link.
A screen is displayed that shows the maximum PIN length you set in step 1. In the following example, the maximum PIN length was set to 4 digits.
- Perform a software restart on the Synergis™ unit.
Verify that your changes have been saved correctly as follows:
Go to https://SCL IP/MercuryEP/UnitWide/Resolved.
SCL IP is the IP address of your Synergis™ Cloud Link.
- Select the confirmation link.
Verify that the PadPinsToLength value is correct.
- Go to https://SCL IP/MercuryEP/UnitWide/Resolved.