[KBA-01449] Genetec™ Archiver Agent fails after installing Wireshark 2.0.1 or later versions
This article explains why users receive the Archiver fails to start message after installing Wireshark 2.0.1 or later.
- After installing Wireshark version 2.01 or later, and performing a Genetec™ Server service restart, the Archiver role enters a yellow, warning state.
- When diagnosing the Archiver role, the Archiver fails to start, as shown in the following image:
The following warning is written to the Event Viewer logs on the server hosting the Archiver role:
Application popup: GenetecArchiverAgent32.exe - System Error : The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
By default, Security Center installs and uses the x86 Visual C++ Redistributable. When Wireshark is installed, it replaces the x86 Redistributable with the x64 version. This replacement causes problems with the Archiver, it Archiver requires the x86 Redistributable to function properly.
To resolve this issue:
- Download the x86 Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
IMPORTANT: Select vcredist_x86.exe even if your sever is running a 64-bit OS.
- Install the x86 Redistributable Package on the server hosting the Archiver role.
- Restart the Genetec™ Server services.
- After completing the service restart, verify that the Archiver role is not in a yellow, warning state, and ensure that the Event Viewer logs do not contain any Genetec™ Archiver Agent failure events.