To upgrade your Security Center system to a collaborative decision management system, you must install Genetec Mission Control™ on all Security Center servers hosting the Directory and Incident Manager roles and on all Security Center client workstations.
Before you begin
- Read the Genetec Mission Control™ Release Notes for known issues, supported upgrade paths, system requirements, and other information about the release. See the most recent version of the release notes.
- Close all applications related to Microsoft Management Console (MMC), such as Services, Event Viewer, and so on, because they might lock the Security Center services and prevent them from being updated.
- Install a supported version of Security Center before installing Genetec Mission Control™.
- All Security
Center servers that host the
This is required to create the plugin that publishes Directory events into RabbitMQ, which are pulled by the Incident Manager role.
- All Security Center servers that need to host the Incident Manager role.
- All Security Center client workstations that need Incident monitoring tasks.
Open the GTAP Product Download page.
You need a username and password to log on to GTAP.
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Security Center.
From the Mission Control section, download the required Genetec Mission
Control™ installation package.
You can also get the Genetec Mission Control™ installation package from your representative of Genetec Inc.
Extract the package and double-click setup.exe.
The Genetec Mission Control™ Installer launches.
On the Choose Setup Language page, select English or French and
The Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard page opens.
- On the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard page, click the links to read Genetec Mission Control™ documentation, and then click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, read the terms in the Genetec™ Software License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
On the Setup Type page, choose a setup:
- This option installs both Genetec Mission Control™ and RabbitMQ on a Security Center server. If only Security Center Client is installed, choosing this option only installs Genetec Mission Control™.
- This option opens the Custom Setup page, where you can install
Control™ or RabbitMQ individually.IMPORTANT: If you choose to install RabbitMQ, the latest version is installed.
On the Custom Setup page, select the software you want to
A custom setup is useful when you want to install one of the applications on another server for high availability.
- Mission Control
- Must be installed on all servers that host the Directory role or the Incident Manager role, and all client workstations.
- RabbitMQ Server
- Can be installed on any server, not necessarily a Security
If RabbitMQ is already installed on this machine for another product, clear this option.
- Click Next or Install.
If you chose to install RabbitMQ, the RabbitMQ Configuration page
opens. On this page, enter the following:
NOTE: The Incident Manager role can only connect to RabbitMQ using the SSL port. Using the non-SSL port results in a failed connection. For instructions on modifying the port assignment, see Modifying RabbitMQ ports.
- Username and Password
- Credentials used by the Incident Manager to connect to the RabbitMQ server.
- Port to use for secure connection (SSL)
- Communication port for connections between Security Center applications and the RabbitMQ server. The default port is 5671.
- Click Install.
- If you have not selected the option to restart the Genetec™ Server service as part of the installation, restart it after the installation is complete.