If the CSV file you import from is set up correctly, entities and their corresponding properties are created in Security Center. When you try to import from an invalid CSV file, you see an error message that describes the problem.
For the CSV file to be set up correctly, make sure of the following:
- The file name ends with .csv.
- The headers are listed as required in Headers in the CSV import file for OPC Client.
- There are no duplicate headers.
- There is at least one line of content under the headers.
- In each line of content, there is a field for each header.
For example, if there are 12 headers, each line must have 12 fields, even if the fields are blank.
- Each field is separated by a comma.
- Each property of an entity is defined on one line, meaning that each entity is represented by multiple lines.
- ENTITY_NAME and TYPE_NAME must be repeated for each property of an entity.
- Each line with the same ENTITY_NAME has the same TYPE_NAME.
- Each PROPERTY_ID exists in the XML for the given TYPE_NAME.
- Each PROPERTY_ID is defined only once for each TYPE_NAME.