To monitor entities from an OPC server in Security Center, you must connect the OPC Client plugin role to the OPC server.
Create the OPC Client plugin role.
Before you begin
What you should know
- One OPC Client plugin role can connect to
a maximum of two OPC servers with the same node IDs.NOTE: To connect to OPC servers with different node IDs, you must create another instance of the OPC Client plugin role.
- When the plugin role is connected to a second OPC server, you can choose between two operation modes. For more information, refer to OPC server failover mode and redundancy mode for the OPC Client plugin.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- Select the OPC Client plugin from the entity browser, and click the Connection tab.
- Under the Servers list, click .
- In the General section, enter a name for the server.
In the Connection section, do one of the following:
- Type the IP address and port number of the OPC server.
- To automatically discover the available endpoints and security settings
of the OPC server using a Discovery URL:
- Click Discover.
- In the OPC server discovery window, enter the IP address and port number of the OPC server, and then click Start.
- Select one of the available server endpoints, and then click Select.
If you did not automatically discover the available endpoints and security
options of the OPC server, configure them in the Security
- Message security
- Select the security type for messages sent from the OPC server.
- No security is applied.
- All messages are signed but not encrypted.
- Sign and encrypt
- All messages are signed and encrypted.
- Security policy
- Select the algorithm for how messages from the OPC server are signed and encrypted.
In the Authentication section, configure the
NOTE: If messages sent from the OPC server are signed, or signed and encrypted, you must trust the OPC server certificate by clicking .
- Select the authentication scheme that is required for OPC clients to connect to
the OPC server.
- No authentication required to connect.
- Username and password
- Connect to the OPC server using credentials. Enter your username and password.
- Connect to the OPC server using a valid certificate. Use the default certificate that is provided by Genetec Inc., or click Browse to select a .pfx file that was provided to you from a third-party certificate authority.
- Click Apply.
Security Center is connected to the OPC server. The connection status changes from Not connected to Connected.
After you finish
- If Security Center requires a valid certificate to connect to the server, you must trust the client certificate from the OPC server.
- Connect the plugin role to a second OPC server.