Before you can import entities from an external system, you must set up your data sources, and configure Security Center so that the entities you want to import can be mapped properly.
- Make sure that your Security Center license supports a sufficient number of data sources.
- Create a database view or delimited text files that follow the Card Synchronization schema.
- If you have custom fields to import, create corresponding custom fields in Security Center.
- If the credentials you want to import use custom card formats, create corresponding custom card formats in Security Center.
- Implement the best practices for importing entities.
- Back up the Directory database, so that you can restore the database if you accidentally merge or duplicate entities during import.