You can import entities from an external system using an Oracle database that conforms to the Card Synchronization schema. After the import, changes made in that data source can be synchronized in Security Center.
Before you begin
- In the external database, create a user for the plugin that only has read access to the required tables.
- If Oracle Database is not on the Security Center server, make sure that the Oracle Database instance is reachable using the connection type (TCP, OLE DB, and so on) specified in the connection string.
- Complete the steps outlined in Preparing to import entities.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the Card Synchronization plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Data sources section, click Add data source ().
In the dialog box, from the Data source
type list, select Database.
Configure the following settings.
- Enter a name for the data source.
- SQL server type
- Select Oracle Database from the list.
- Connection string
- Enter the connection string.
- Map each table name to an entity type by selecting the table name from the corresponding drop-down list.
Click Validate configuration.
If the configuration is valid, the following message is displayed: No errors found.
- Click OK.
- Click Save and close, and then Apply.