Before creating entities from an external system in Security Center, you can configure the plugin to look for matching global keys, which prevents duplicate entities from being created upon synchronization.
- Entities must be of the same type to be merged. For example, a cardholder can be merged with another cardholder.
- At least one global key field must be selected in the global key configuration of a data source.
- At least one global key must be identical for one or more other entities.
The other entities can be from within the same data source or from different data sources.
Cardholder informationDuring a merge, cardholder information can be treated as the following types of information:
- The priority level of an entity's data source affects which values are kept during a merge. The values from the highest data source on the list of data sources take priority, unless the value is NULL. You can change the order of the data sources on the list to change the priority levels.
- Relationships represent the associations between cardholders and credentials,
cardholders and cardholder groups, and so on.
The relationships of merged entities are combined, according to the priority level of their data sources.
The relationships of an preexisting and an entity created by the plugin are combined, unless the relationship with the entity created by the plugin was defined in Security Center after the entity was imported. In that case, only the relationships of the existing entity are kept.
If one source has the FirstName field with the value Andrew Smith, and the LastName field left empty, and another source has the FirstName field left empty, and the LastName field with the value Andrew Smith, the value from both data sources are considered the same Cardholder full name.
|Cardholder information||Imported cardholder||Existing cardholder||Cardholder after merge|
|Use extended grant time||Disabled||Enabled||Disabled|
|Security Center GUID||789||123||123|
|Associated credentials||Card 1||Card 2||Card 1, Card 2|
|Cardholder group memberships||Group 1||Group 2||Group 1, Group 2|