You can import entities from an external system using a database that supports ODBC and conforms to the Card Synchronization schema. After the import, changes made in that data source can be synchronized in Security Center.
Before you begin
- In the external database, create a user for the plugin that only has read access to the required tables.
- If ODBC Server is not on the Security Center server, make sure you have installed and configured your ODBC driver for the specified connection string.
- Complete the steps outlined in Preparing to import entities.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the Card Synchronization plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Data sources section, click Add data source ().
In the dialog box, from the Data source
type list, select Database.
Configure the following settings:
- Enter a name for the data source.
- SQL server type
- Select ODBC from the list.
- Connection string
- Enter the connection string.
- Map each Entity type to a Table name from the corresponding drop-down list.
Click Validate configuration.
If the configuration is valid, the following message is displayed: No errors found.
- Click OK.
- Click Save and close, and then Apply.