You can import entities from an external system using a file that conforms to the Card Synchronization schema. After the import, changes made in that data sources can be synchronized in Security Center.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Each external data source you add to the Data sources list uses up one data source license. One file data source can contain up to one file per entity type (cardholder, cardholder group, cardholder group member, and credential). If you add a separate file data source for each entity type, this counts as four data sources.
- Including pictures in the data source increases import time.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the Card Synchronization plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Data sources section, click Add data source ().
In the dialog box, from the Data source type list,
- In the Name field, enter a name for the data source.
- On the page for each entity type you want to import, set Data source configuration to ON.
Configure the following settings:
- File path (on server)
- Browse to the file you want to import.
- Enter the delimiter used in the file.NOTE: If the delimiter is present in one of the values to import, edit the file so that the value is between quotation marks.
- Skip first lines
- If your file contains headers, enter the number of lines at the top of the file to
ignore. When set to 0 (zero), all lines in the file are treated as data records.Tip: To facilitate mapping the sample values to the destination, configure this after scanning the file.
- Click Scan file.
- Map each column to a destination by selecting a destination from the corresponding drop-down list.
Click Validate configuration.
If the configuration is valid, the following message is displayed: No errors found.
- Click OK.
- Click Save and close, and then Apply.