University Parking Enforcement is a Genetec Patroller™ software installation that is configured for university parking enforcement: the enforcement of scheduled parking permits or overtime restrictions. The use of maps is mandatory. Hotlist functionality is also included.
- You apply a permit restriction to one or more permit lists, to specify where and when the permits apply.
- You can enforce overtime rules or permit restrictions for a selected parking lot, but not both at the same time.
- Wheel imaging is not supported.
- Overtime rule
- A university campus has several parking lots reserved for students and faculty, but
also has conveniently located parking areas that are used by delivery vehicles for the
loading or unloading of equipment.
Using an overtime rule, you can allow any vehicle to park in the loading area at any time of day, but only for a limited time (for example, 20 minutes). A vehicle parked longer than 20 minutes is in violation of the overtime rule. This results in an overtime hit in Genetec Patroller™. In this example, you don’t need a permit restriction because any vehicle can park, but only for a limited time.
- Permit restriction
- A university parking lot can be used by both faculty and students, but at different times. Faculty can park on weekdays from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., while students can park from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. This reserves the prime parking spaces for the university’s faculty, but still allows students convenient parking during peak class hours. You wouldn’t be able to create this parking scenario with an overtime rule. You need a permit restriction and associated permit lists. Vehicles without a permit, with an expired permit, or parked at the wrong time, are in violation of the permit restriction. This results in a permit hit in Genetec Patroller™.