A map in Security Center is a two-dimensional diagram that helps you visualize the physical locations of your security equipment in a geographical area or a building space. You create maps using the Map designer task.
Before you begin
What you should know
Maps can be created from the Area view task or the Map designer task. Creating a map from the Area view automatically attaches that map to the selected area.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- In the entity tree, select an area for the map.
Click the Identity tab, and click Create map.
The Map designer task opens.
- Select one of the following methods to create your map background.
- Configure the default map view and other presets.
- Configure the default information to display when someone opens this map.
- Click Apply.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.