If you want a different Access Manager role to manage and control an access control unit, for load distribution or another purpose, you can move the unit to another Access Manager using the Move unit tool.
Before you begin
Do the following:
- Make sure that the Access Manager role is on the same LAN as the access control unit it controls.
- Create the extension for the unit.
Temporarily deactivate both Access Managers.
- In the Access control task, right-click the Access Manager, and click ().
In the confirmation dialog box that opens, click
The Access Manager and all the access control units it controls turn red.
- From the home page, click .
- From the Unit type drop-down list, select Access control unit.
- Under Access Manager, select the units you want to move.
- Under Access Manager, select the new Access Manager role to control the unit.
- Click .