To allow someone to log on to Security Center, you must create a user entity for them with logon credentials.
What you should know
You can also import users from your corporate directory service.
For security purposes, the Entity name for this user must be unique, because it is also the username they use to log on to Security Center.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the User management task.
- Click Add an entity (), then click User ().
- In the User information page, enter a username that does not already exist.
- Type a password for this user to log on to Security Center, and then confirm the password.
- Enter the user's first and last name.
From the User group drop-down list, select the parent group for
the new user.
The user automatically inherits the properties of its parent user group.NOTE: Concerning the user's partition membership:
- If you select Unassigned, the new user will be added to the root partition.
- If you select a parent user group, the new user will be added to the same partition that the parent user group belongs to.
To grant the user a predefined set of privileges, select a Privilege
template from the drop-down list.
NOTE: If you are unsure of what privileges the user needs, you can postpone this decision to later. The privilege template can be applied at any time.
- (Only if partitions are in use) In the Access rights page, select the partitions for which access rights are to be granted to this user.
- Click Next.
- In the Creation summary page, verify that both the partition the user belongs to and the ones the user is authorized to access are as you intended.
- Click .
The new user account is created.