The Directory role identifies a Security Center system. It manages all entity configurations and system-wide settings.
How the Directory role works
Only a single instance of this role is permitted on your system. The server hosting the Directory role is called the main server, and must be set up first. All other servers you add in Security Center are called expansion servers, and must connect to the main server to be part of the same system.
- Client application connection authentication
- Software license enforcement
- Central configuration management
- Event management and routing
- Audit trail and activity trail management
- Alarm management and routing
- Incident management
- Scheduled task execution
- Macro execution
Directory role configuration
Because the Directory role is responsible for the authentication of all client connections, it cannot be configured in the Config Tool client application. To configure the Directory role, you must log on to Server Admin from a web browser.
- Start/stop the Directory role
- Manage the Directory database and change the data retention periods
- View and modify your Security Center license
- View and modify the main server’s password and communication ports
- Convert the main server into an expansion server
In a multiple Directory server configuration, Directory failover and load balancing is managed by the Directory Manager role.