After a user is created in Security Center, you can configure their properties, and limit what they are allowed to do on the system.
Before you begin
What you should know
Instead of configuring the properties of an individual user, you can add the user as a member of a user group, so they inherit all the properties of the group.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the User management task.
- Select the user to configure, and click the Properties tab.
- To temporarily prevent the user from logging on to Security Center, deactivate the user profile.
If you want to send emails or messages to this user, type an email address in the
Email address field, and click
You can send emails to users using the Send an email and Email a report actions.
- Change the user’s password or their password settings.
In the User level option, specify if the user inherits their user level from its parent user group, or set a specific level, and click Apply.
A user level is a numeric value assigned to users to restrict their ability to perform certain operations, such as controlling a camera PTZ, viewing the video feed from a camera, or staying logged on when a threat level is set. Level 1 is the highest user level, with the most privileges.
- (Optional) Configure a different user level for controlling PTZ motors.
- Grant access rights for partitions to the user.
- Assign privileges to the user.
- Customize how the user can log on.
- To allow the user to remotely control Security Desk workstations, you must select the workstations they can control.
- Click the Advanced tab.
To cycle the user’s open tasks when they log on to Security
Desk, switch the Start task
cycling on logon option to ON, and click
Tip: To prevent the user from stopping the task cycling once the Security Desk is open, deny them the Start/stop task cycling privilege.
- When the user exports video (G64x) or snapshots, the system can include metadata to exported videos or snapshots, such as camera name, creation date, and camera coordinates, which can be useful for investigation. To enable metadata with exported files, switch the Include additional properties on export/snapshot option to ON and click Apply.