You configure the settings of the Security Center Federation™ role from the Roles view of the System task in Security Center Config Tool.
Security Center Federation™ - Identity tab
Click the Identity tab to view descriptive information about this role and jump to the configuration page of related entities in addition to the general options.
- Role group
- An advanced setting that is only necessary if you plan on hosting more than 100
Federation™ roles on the same server.NOTE: This setting is hidden by default. To show it, click the Name field, and type Ctrl+Shift+A.
Security Center Federation™ - Properties tab
Click the Properties tab to configure the connection parameters to the remote Security Center system, the default synchronization behavior, and the default video stream and events you want to receive from it.
- Connection status
- Shows the connection status of the Federation™ role to the remote Security Center system.
- Shows the current state of the Federation™ role.
- Allow untrusted connections
- (Stratocast™ system only) Allow connections to Security Center servers using legacy authentication.
- Name of the main server for the remote Security Center system.
- Username and password
- Credentials used by the Federation™ role to log on to the remote Security Center system. The rights and privileges of that user determine what your local users can see and do on the federated remote system.
- Resilient connection
- When this option is turned turned on (default=OFF), if the connection between the
Federation™ role and the federated Security
Center Directory server is temporarily
interrupted, the Federation™ role attempts to reconnect
to the Directory for a set amount of time before the connection is considered lost and
the role goes into a warning state.NOTE: Activating Resilient connection is highly recommended for remote systems that might have an unstable connection to the cloud.
- Reconnection timeout
- Specify the number of seconds that the Federation™ role attempts to reconnect to the Directory before the connection is considered lost.
- Forward Directory reports
- When this option is turned on
(default=OFF), user activities (viewing cameras, activating the PTZ, and so on) and
configuration changes performed at the remote site can be viewed from the Federation™ host through the Activity
trails and Audit trails reports, as long as the
Federation™ user has the privileges and access
rights to view them.IMPORTANT: Forward Directory reports is only supported with 5.8 systems and higher (including federations). This means that if your federated system is 5.7 and lower, the Forward Directory reports option is greyed out and not available.
- Default live stream
- Default video stream used for viewing live video from federated Security Center cameras.
- Enable playback requests
- When this option is turned on, users can view playback video from federated Security Center cameras.
- Federate alarms
- When this option is turned on, alarms are received from the federated Security Center system.
- Federated events
- Select the events you want to receive from the federated Security Center system. Events are necessary if you plan to monitor the federated entities in Security Desk, or to configure event-to-actions for the federated entities.
Security Center Federation™ - Resources tab
Click the Resources tab to configure the servers assigned to this role.The Security Center Federation™ role does not require a database.
- Servers hosting this role.