When a hotlist or permit is created or modified, you can specify the character set that applies to the license plates in the list based on a selected language, and what the LPR Manager does if it detects a list with invalid characters (non-alphanumeric characters).
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, click , and then click the LPR Manager you want to configure.
- Click the Properties tab.
- Under Plate filtering, select the types of characters to filter on from the Character set drop-down list (Latin, Arabic, or Japanese).
In the Invalid plate number section, select one of the following
options to specify how the LPR Manager handles invalid records:
- Modify record
- Deletes any non-alphanumeric characters from the plate number. For example, the plate number “ABC#%3” becomes “ABC3”.
- Remove record
- Deletes the entire entry that contains invalid characters from the list.
To log the filtering process, select the Log filtering
The plate filtering logs will be saved in the AutoVu™ root folder: C:\Genetec\AutoVu\RootFolder.
- Click Apply.