You can investigate events related to access control units, using the Access control unit events report.
What you should know
For example, you can use the Access control unit events report to see if any critical events happened relating to access control unit in the last week (for example, Hardware tamper), by searching for that event and setting the time range.
- From the home page, open the Access control unit events task.
Set up the query filters for your report. Choose one or more of the following
- Access control units
- Select the access control units to investigate.
- Custom fields
- Restrict the search to a predefined custom field for the entity. This filter only appears if custom fields are defined for the entity, and if the custom field was made visible to you when it was created or last configured.
- Select the events of interest. The event types available depend on the task you are using.
- Event timestamp
- Define the time range for the query. The range can be defined for a specific period or for global time units, such as the previous week or the previous month.
Click Generate report.
The access control unit events are listed in the report pane.NOTE: If you have Access Managers that are offline when you launch the query, you'll get an error message for each one of them, even though they are not related to the selected access control units. This is because the system has no way of knowing whether the selected units were managed by one of them in the past or not.