You only need to change the Mobile Server configuration if the default settings are not ideal, or if you created multiple Mobile Server roles in your system.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Click the Mobile Server that you want to change.
(Optional) From the Identity page:
- Change the name of the role as it appears in Config Tool.
- Assign the role to a different partition to restrict its use to certain user groups.
- Click the Properties tab.
In the General settings section, configure the Mobile Server properties and the characteristics shared by all mobile applications connected to this role.
- Web address
- Define the suffix of the URL used by Genetec™ Mobile to connect to the Mobile Server. The format of the URL is host:port/web address, where host is the IP address or hostname of the server hosting the Mobile Server role, port is HTTPS port 443 by default, and web address is Mobile by default. Each Mobile Server role must have a unique URL. If two roles are hosted on the same server, they must have different web addresses or use different ports.
- Use the default secure HTTP port of the server
- By default, the Mobile Server communicates with the mobile devices over HTTPS port 443. If your IT policy requires a different port, or there is some sort of conflict, you can change this port. Set this option to OFF, and then change the port number.
- Maximum inbox messages per user
- Define the maximum number of messages that Genetec™ Mobile keeps in its inbox. If a new message is received while the inbox is full, the oldest message is deleted.
- Session timeout
- Define the maximum period of inactivity, meaning the app is in the background, before the Mobile Server automatically logs the user off.
- Maximum number of client sessions
- Set a limit to the number of Genetec™ Mobile connections that this role can handle to avoid overloading the server. The default is no limit.
In the Features section, select the features you want to enable in Genetec™ Mobile on devices connected to this role.
- Allow Genetec™ Mobile users to monitor and acknowledge alarms.
- Device camera streaming
- Allow Genetec™ Mobile to enroll mobile
device cameras in Security
configure the settings.
- Maximum sequence length
- Maximum duration of the streamed video. After the duration elapses, the streaming automatically stops to prevent battery drain.
- Port start and end index
- Port range used for mobile device cameras.
- Archiver role responsible to manage the device cameras.
- Area entity where the device cameras are grouped under.
- License plate management
- (Genetec™ Mobile 5.1.0 and later) Allow mobile users to view live LPR events (reads and hits), to add license plates to hotlists, and to generate reports on reads and hits.
- Allow Genetec™ Mobile to display Security Center entities and live events on maps.
- Push notifications
- Allow Genetec™ Mobile to receive push notifications from the Mobile Server.
- Threat levels
- Allow the Genetec™ Mobile user to display and set threat levels.
- Allow Genetec™ Mobile to share its device location with other users on the system so that its user can be displayed on georeferenced maps, in Security Desk, and other instances of Genetec™ Mobile.
- Allow Genetec™ Mobile to display video
Center. Click to configure the settings.
- Maximum number of video streams
- Set a limit to the number of video streams that this role can handle to avoid overloading the server. The default is no limit.
- Limit Media Gateway role usage
- Turn this switch on to limit the use of the Media Gateway role to the selected servers to accommodate your network limitations. Only the servers assigned to the Media Gateway role are listed.
- WiFi video settings
- Set the maximum resolution and frame rate when a video stream is sent using WiFi. If the available video stream is at a higher quality than the maximum, the Media Gateway downscales it before the Mobile Server sends it to the mobile device. The mobile user can also change this setting within Genetec™ Mobile.
- Cellular video settings
- Set the maximum resolution and frame rate when a video stream is sent using cellular data. If the available video stream is at a higher quality than the maximum, the Media Gateway downscales it before the Mobile Server sends it to the mobile device. The mobile user can also change this setting within Genetec™ Mobile.
(Optional) Enable Security Center Mobile
features that were added after your current Security
You can enable new features on Genetec™ Mobile without having to upgrade your Security Center system by clicking . For more information, contact one of our sales representatives.
- If you have multiple Mobile Server roles, move this role to its own expansion server.
- (Optional) Add failover and load balancing to this Mobile Server role.
Test the connection of Genetec™ Mobile to Security Center. To connect to a Mobile Server, you must specify the URL corresponding to the Mobile Server role. You can omit the port and the web address if they match the default values.