To integrate different LPR capabilities to Security Center, you can deploy a fixed AutoVu™ system.
Before you begin
What you should know
Information about how to set up a typical fixed AutoVu™ deployment is provided here. Your process might be different, depending on your specific installation requirements.
NOTE: Settings that are pre-configured during your installation are not listed in this task. For example, when you install Security Center, the LPR Manager root folder is automatically created on your computer at the location C:\Genetec\AutoVu\RootFolder.
Log on to the Sharp Portal, and configure the
Sharp for a fixed AutoVu™ system.
For information about logging on to the Sharp Portal, see Loggin on to the SharpOS 5.8 Portal.
- Configure the LPR Manager so that Security Center can discover and communicate with fixed Sharp units.
Link an Archiver to the LPR Manager
to store the LPR images (captured by context cameras, LPR cameras, and wheel imaging
cameras) that are associated with the reads and hits.
NOTE: You must also enroll the LPR Processing unit under the Archiver for SharpX installations where LPR Processing Unit input/output control is required.
- Configure the LPR Manager server and database settings.
- If you are using hotlists with your fixed deployment, then create and configure the hotlist entities, and turn on hotlist matching.
- If you are using AutoVu™ as an access control solution, then configure the Sharp cameras to grant or deny access to a parking area or other facility.
- Specify the Sharp’s location and time zone.