To ensure that the map scale matches the field of view distance that is defined for cameras on the map, you can set a specific scale for the imported map image after the map is created.
Before you begin
- Create a map from an image file.
- Add a camera to the map.
- Know the exact distance between two points that appear on the map.
As an alternative to setting the scale of the map, you can georeference the map.
What you should know
NOTE: Map scaling and georeferencing cannot be set at the same time.
- Open the Map Designer task and select the map that you want to scale.
- Click .
- From the Scale drop-down list, select Specific scale
- From the drop-down list at the top of the screen, select the units to use for the measurement (for example, meters or feet) and define the number of units to match your known measurement.
- Click Draw line.
- Click and drag your mouse across the map to draw the line.
- Move the endpoints of the line until they match the two known points of your measurement.
In the Map designer toolbar, click
The camera's field of view and the zoom level of the map are automatically adjusted to the scale you have defined.