To grant or deny a cardholder access to areas, doors, and elevators, you must assign access rules to them.
Before you begin
What you should know
- In the Cardholder management task, select a cardholder, and then click Modify ().
Click the Access rules () tab > Add ().
A dialog box listing the access rules that are not yet assigned to this cardholder opens.
Do one of the following:
- Select the rule you want to add, and click Add.
- Create and assign a temporary access rule.
Select the access rule from the list.
The schedule that applies to the access rule is shown in a grid on the right. Each time block represents 30 minutes. Green areas indicate periods when access is granted by the rule. Red areas indicate periods when access is denied by the rule. Grey areas are times not specified by the schedule; therefore, access is denied. If it is a temporary access rule (), the activation and expiration times are indicated. Areas, doors, and elevators that the rule is associated with are listed at the bottom.
- To view a partial (hatched) time block in minutes, click and hold the left mouse button.
- To assign another access rule to the cardholder, click .
To remove an access rule directly assigned to the cardholder, click .
You cannot remove the All open rule, or the Lockdown rule.
- Click Save.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.