This section lists the settings found in the Genetec Patroller™ Properties tab, in the LPR task.
In the Properties tab, you can view information about the computer hosting the Genetec Patroller™ entity (you cannot edit the Genetec Patroller™ properties). You can also configure sound management, acknowledgment buffer settings, and a hit delay for the Genetec Patroller™ unit.
- Lists the properties of the Genetec
- IP address
- IP address of the Genetec Patroller™ computer.
- Version number of the Genetec Patroller™ application.
- Genetec Patroller™ installation type(s).
- Serial number.
- Serial number of the Genetec Patroller™.
- Machine name
- Name of the Genetec Patroller™ computer.
- Updater Service version
- Displays the updater service version running on the Genetec Patroller™ computer.
- File association
- Select how the Genetec
Patroller™ behaves with
hotlists and/or permit lists:
- Inherit from LPR Manager role
- Genetec Patroller™ uses the hotlists and permit lists associated with its parent LPR Manager. This is the default setting.
- Associate specific hotlists or permit lists with the Genetec Patroller™ unit rather than the LPR Manager. If you later want to move the Genetec Patroller™ entity to another LPR Manager on your system, the hotlist or permit list will follow.
- Sound management
- Configure Genetec
Patroller™ to play a sound when
reading a plate and/or generating a hit, and choose whether sounds should be played
even when Genetec
Patroller™ is minimized.
- Play sound on hit
- Plays a sound when Genetec Patroller™ generates a hit.
- Play sound on read
- Plays a sound when Genetec Patroller™ reads a plate.
- Play sounds even when minimized
- Play sounds even if the Genetec Patroller™ window is minimized.
- Acknowledgment buffer
- Specify a buffer restriction that limits how many hits can remain unacknowledged
(not accepted or rejected) before Genetec
starts automatically rejecting all subsequent hits. You can also choose (by
priority) which hotlists should comply with this restriction.
- Reject count
- How many unacknowledged hits are allowed.
- Reject priority
- When you create a hotlist entity, you can specify a priority for that hotlist. This setting tells Genetec Patroller™ which hotlist(s) should comply with the buffer restriction.
- Hotlist and permit
- Specify the Duplicate hit delay that tells Genetec Patroller™ to disregard multiple hits on the same plate for the duration of the delay. For example, if you set a delay of 10 minutes, no matter how many times Genetec Patroller™ reads the same plate during those 10 minutes, it will generate only one hit.