Requiring visitor escort increases security for turnstile-accessible areas. Using Config Tool, you can set restrictions on visitor host configuration and add visitor delegation size limits.
Create a secured area with at least one door.
Before you begin
Visitor escort for turnstiles requires Synergis™ Softwire 10.7 or later with dumb interfaces.
What you should know
Click Cardholder groups can escort visitors
and set If the option is left ON, then Visitor astray and Missing tail host events are not triggered.
(Optional) Set Limit visitors for single host to
ON and set a limit.
NOTE: The defined number is the threshold above which a second host must be added. There is no limit to the visitor number for two-host delegations.
- Click Apply.
- Click Add an item (). and click
- From the Entity type list, select Door ().
- From the Data type list, select Boolean.
- In the Name field, enter Turnstile.
- Click .
- In the Area view task, select the area in the entity tree.
- On the Advanced page, set Enforce visitor escort rule to ON.
(Optional) Set Antipassback to ON.
- Select the area's door in the entity tree.
- Click the Custom fields tab, select Turnstile, and click Apply.
- (Optional) Click the Identity tab, and set the icon to a turnstile ().
- Click the Properties tab.
In the Visitor escort and two-person rule section, set
Maximum delay between card presentations to a higher value
than the default five seconds to give visitors enough time to badge and pass through
A visitor must present their credential and enter within the set delay, otherwise a Visitor astray event is triggered.
- Click Apply.
In the Cardholder management task, ensure that the cardholders
you want as designated hosts have the Can escort visitors
option set to ON, and all other cardholders have
Can escort visitors set to
Click Save and close.
All cardholders created in Security Center versions before 5.7 SR2 have the Can escort visitors option enabled by default. You can use the Options check box in the Copy configuration tool to deactivate the Can escort visitors option for multiple cardholders at the same time. The Options check box will copy the values of the following:
- Use extended grant time
- Can escort visitors
- Bypass antipassback rules
- Security clearance