To monitor and set up I/O linking for hardware zones in Security Center, you must decide how the zone state is evaluated, which events are triggered based on the inputs associated with the zone, and when the zone is armed.
Before you begin
- To arm the zone on a schedule, a schedule must already be created.
- To arm the zone using a key switch, one of the inputs from the access control unit must be wired to the key switch.
What you should know
You cannot arm or disarm a hardware zone from Security Desk, or by using a software command (event-to-actions).
- Open the Area view task.
- Select the hardware zone to configure, and click the Properties tab.
- From the list, select the inputs to determine the state of the zone.
Turn the Operator switch to the desired position.
If you select the AND operator, the zone is considered to be in a Active state when all selected inputs are in the Active state. If you select the OR operator, the zone is considered to be in a Active state if one of the selected inputs is in the Active state.
- Combine the input states with the logical AND operator.
- (Default) Combine the input states with the logical OR operator
In the Associated events section, select which events to trigger
when the zone state changes, from the following drop-down lists:
These events are only triggered when the zone is armed. Select None if a zone state should be ignored.
- When the combination of inputs yields a zero (0).
- When the combination of inputs yields a one (1).
- Requires to have at least one supervised input. The zone is in the Trouble state when at least one of the input is in the Trouble state. The Trouble state supersedes all other states.
- Enter in Reactivation threshold, how many milliseconds must pass before the event associated to the zone state can be re-triggered, and click Apply.
- Click the Arming tab, and configure how the zone is armed.
In the Arming source section, select whether the zone is armed
using a key switch, or on a schedule:
- Select a predefined schedule for arming the zone.
- Input point
- Select the input that is wired to the key switch.
(Optional) To give people more time to leave a zone they just armed, or disarm a zone
they entered, turn the following options ON:
- Arming delay
- Duration (mm:ss) you want between the time the zone is armed and the time the event triggers become active.
- Entry delay
- Duration (mm:ss) you want between the time the entry sensor is tripped and the time the events are triggered. This option allows you to disarm the zone before triggering the output relays.
(Optional) Select a Countdown buzzer to use for the duration of
the arming delay, as follows:
NOTE: This option is only available when the zone is armed using a key switch.
- From the Countdown sounder drop-down list, select an output relay.
- From the Output behavior drop-down list, select an output behavior entity to determine the pattern of the signal to send to the buzzer.
- Click Apply.
After you finish
- Test your zone by verifying that the generated events show up in the Zone activities report in Security Desk.
- For each associated event configured for this zone,
create event-to-actions to trigger
the desired output relays to complete the I/O linking configuration.NOTE: For the hardware zone to work, the output relays must be among the peripherals of the unit controlling the zone.