To have your Security Center system manage your cameras, video archive, and motion detection, you must configure the Archiver role.
When Omnicast™ is enabled in your license, an Archiver role is created by default and assigned to the main server.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Video task.
- Select the Archiver role to configure, and then click the Resources tab.
- Configure the archive database.
- Configure the archive storage settings.
- (Optional) Change the role’s host server.
- To keep viewing video even if the server hosting the Archiver role goes offline, set up Archiver failover.
- Add the video units that you want this Archiver role to control.
Click the Extensions tab and finish configuring the extensions
that were created when you added the video units.
For a list of settings in the Extensions tab, see Archiver: Extensions tab.
Click the Camera default settings tab and configure the default
camera settings for all cameras recorded by this Archiver role.
For a list of settings in the Camera default settings tab, see Configuring default camera settings.
- Configure the cameras associated to the video units you just added.
- If recording is performed on edge units, set up video archive transfer.
If you have a large system, you can distribute the load by creating more Archiver roles and hosting them on separate servers.