Before you can create maps that use layers from a WMS server, you must set up a map provider and select the layers to use.
The Web Map Service (WMS) standard separates maps into one or more layers of georeferenced information. When connecting the Map Manager to a WMS server, layers can be enabled or disabled to control what the map displays.
What you should know
Map Manager supports the WMS protocol version 1.3.0 and 1.1.1.
IMPORTANT: The Map Manager requires WMS maps to use EPSG:4326. Use the ESRI ArcGIS map provider for all nonstandard projections.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Select the Map Manager role, and click the Properties tab.
- In the Map providers section, click Add an item ().
- In the Map providers dialog box, select WMS from the Provider drop-down list.
- In the Name field, type a name for the map provider.
In the Address field, type the base URL of the map
NOTE: Server capabilities are discovered automatically.
If you entered a valid URL, a preview of the selected map and a list of available layers is displayed. All layers are selected by default.
- If required, deselect any layers that are not needed.
- Click .