To find video files that are no longer referenced by your Archiver database, you can use the VideoFileAnalyzer.exe tool found in the Security Center installation folder.
What you should know
Open the VideoFileAnalyzer.exe tool.
- C:\Program files (x86)\Genetec Security Center 5.8\ (64-bit computer)
- C:\Program files\Genetec Security Center 5.8\ (32-bit computer)
- At the bottom of the Video File Analyzer dialog box, click Find orphan files.
In the Find orphan files dialog box, specify which archive
database you want to check for orphan files.
You can find the database server and database name in the Resources page of the Archiver or Auxiliary Archiver role in Config Tool.
- Under the Folders to scan section, click Add () to add the folders you want to scan, and click OK.
Select files in the Orphan files section, and do one of the
To delete, move, or index all the files found in the folders you added, click the corresponding colored button.
- To permanently remove the selected files from your system, click Delete files ().
- To move the selected files to another location and free up archive storage
space, click Move files to another folder ().
By moving the files, you can examine them and decide what to do with them later without affecting the archiving role's operation.
- To index the selected files in the archive database again, click
Add files to the database (). This ensures that
they can be found using the Archives report in Security
Center.NOTE: Only basic information, such as recording start time and end time is retrieved. This operation should only be used as an emergency measure; therefore, it is recommended to back up your database before you index the files again.